The Jockey Club Caring Communities for Dementia Campaign is an important project for the community, with the support of technology, to help locate people with dementia who have gotten lost. Due to cognitive decline, people with dementia have a higher incidence rate of getting lost. Through the “Dementia’s Secret Angel” APP and the iBeacon device, family members and caregivers of those with dementia who are lost can share vital information. The public can play the role of “Dementia Angels” and help locate people once receiving a lost-person report. The goal is to rally the community to become dementia-friendly and help return those who have lost their way to their families.
- No need to recharge everyday: the device uses low power consumed Bluetooth technology which is suitable for people with dementia to bring along with
- Friendly design: iBeacon has 3 types for selection, light in weight and practical for use
- Preview of battery power: Can monitor the battery power from the mobile app so as to manage the power supply as soon as it reaches to the low level
- Easy to feedback on the traces of people who got lost: the Bluetooth technology will automatically transmit the information to caregivers which facilitates the tracing
- Age over 50; AND
- Diagnosed with dementia OR assessed by social worker and confirmed with cognitive decline; AND
- Living at home (not living in any residential care homes); AND
- Able to go out with or without supplementary aids; AND
- Caregiver must have basic knowledge of using smartphone and mobile app
iBeacon Free Distribution Days
|Date & Time||District||Location||Enquiries & Booking|
|Sha Tin||Jockey Club Centre for Positive Ageing, 27 A Kung Kok Street, Shatin, N.T.||
Jockey Club Centre for Positive Ageing
|Tsuen Wan||Unit 11-16, G/F, Wing Lok House, Fuk Loi Estate, Tsuen Wan, N.T. Project Care Neighbourhood Elderly Centre (Near Tsuen Wan Station)||
St. James' Settlement
|Western District||1/F, Jockey Club Kin Ci Brain Health Hub, 466 Des Voeux Road West, Western District (Near The Westwood/HKU Station Exit C2)||
St. James' Settlement
– Please make reservation. Each time session will have 15 quotas to distribute on first-come-first-serve basis.
– Please reserve 1 hour for application process.
– Caregiver must present a certification to validate that his/her family member was diagnosed with dementia, for example, diagnosis letter, medicine bag
(*Assessment must be made within 1 year prior to the application by social worker / healthcare professional and evaluated as stage 4 or above OR the cognitive ability was classified as ≤ 2 nd by social worker through HK-MoCA evaluation)